Bienvenue! It is nice of you to drop by.

Monday, July 25, 2011

My Neighbor Totoro & Companies Cake ~ 龍貓與貓巴士主題蛋糕 =)

Cat bus cake~
Totoro & companies <3

Hello all!

I want to share with you a cake that I made for friends birthday. I am so proud of it cos I feel like I brought my childhood fave anime to life! Since I know all the characters by heart, I won't say a piece of cake but I completed it faster than expected. I had so much fun doing it too! Do you like?!

front side view
Grey blue totoro - medium

送給朋友的生日禮物。已經不是小孩的他們﹐竟要求我送一個兒時我們最愛的動畫龍貓主題蛋糕。因為實在對龍貓動畫裡的一切太熟悉了﹐所以製作過程很輕鬆很開心。朋友們愛到不行﹐在餐廳還造成轟動﹐尖叫聲(是說Totoro現在很紅因為在Toy Story 3出現過)﹐然後就看隔壁客人們拿著手機猛拍直問是不是真的可以吃呵呵。。

可愛不﹖

rear view
back side view
Bird's eye view

15 comments:

  1. It's just toooo cute!! a great piece of work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous!! I love My Neighboor Totoro and the characters look perfect! Awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's absolutely kawaii!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is super cute!! ^o^ I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我鍾意龍貓......好可愛.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is absolutely beautiful, do you give classes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really really impressive.
    i was reading up on fondant icing just a few days ago. this is a whole new level. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's really impressive! two thumbs up ! The details were stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words!

    Cheers♥
    ~V

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter adores MNT and the catbus. I'd be really grateful for some tips on how to make this cake for her third birthday. I'm OK on making sponge but need tips on how to do icing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 請問妳這個蛋糕在哪裡訂?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Yuki,

    請電郵訂單至order.laviedoucedesign@gmail.com~

    Vi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Anonymous~

    The icing under the fondant or the fondant icing? I use only fresh buttercream to fill all my cakes and it is the yummiest thing. Do not buy the ready made kind - too sweet and has a plastic after taste (at least to me). Super easy to make and you can search this blog for the recipe =)

    As for the characters, research and print their pictures out in similar poses that you plan to make them. You will use them as the guides. Make them ahead of time so giving yourself enough time to work the details. It is not hard but just time consuming and labor intensive!! Good luck <3

    Vi

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Drop me a few lines ^0^
來嘛,畫個丫♥